Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Beards are EVERYWHERE!!!


So, I think something is happening in our society which needs to be directly addressed since, quite frankly, I'm not hearing a lot of chatter concerning this issue.

There's a LOT of facial hair going on.

We've got the various Moustache Daches and moustache parties.  A classroom at my son's school has pictures of the kids with moustaches posted out in the hallway.  Then my mom sent a Valentines' craft pack to my family in which one puts moustaches on hearts.  What!!??

I've seen lumberjack looking guys in pinup poses.  There's a small army of bearded dads taking children to school in the mornings and even more fuzzy faced students heading towards the local university.

I, myself, don't generally like for my facial hair to get more than a few days along before I get rid of it.  I've also shaved my head for the last 15 years, (I'm in the military reserves currently, so this preference works well)  and if I let them go for more than about 4 days, the whole process becomes much more involved.  However, for the last six months or so, I have been terrible about staying clean-shaven.  Currently, my beard is farther along than it has ever been in my life (OH MY GOD WHY IS IT SO GRAY??) and the hair on my head is, to use a word, sad.

Reflections on my laziness, no it didn't lead me to shave - just reflect, revealed that perhaps the rest of the world has also gotten exceedingly lazy with regards to the facial hair subject.  The costs of razors and environmental stewardship be damned, I say.  It's laziness!

We should be concerned for all this.  It's a harbinger of things to come.  Like the Kardashians!

It goes entirely against the idea of industrial activity.  Did you know that none of this country's founding fathers had facial hair?  It's downright un-American!  This country was so anti-bearded, well..., you should just read about Joseph Palmer and the reaction to his be-bearded face when he first came to town.  (This is described in an article about a book about beards.  Wha.....)

Well, that's about it, for now.  Just some unedited thoughts coming out.  Can't be bothered to clean it up.  Just like my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment